We started Memorial Day off early...well I did! I took 4 of the kiddos to work with me...YES WORK! Can you believe the crazy kids wanted to wake up early and go with me? While I was working everyone at home slept in a little and then went grocery shopping and computer shopping (usually when we host Brazilians they like to shop for a laptop, digital camera and Nike Shocks).
It was a nice slow day at work...LOVED IT, except for the fact I was sick...I had been sick since Saturday :( (hopefully I was an okay host). My really super nice coworker, Courtney, stayed so that I could leave early and get some rest.
When I got home everyone was still gone, so we did some quick vacuuming and mopping. Everybody came home shortly after and we began the traditional Memorial Day cookout! I was in the kitchen and Kepler was at the dining room table on our laptop and all of a sudden he starts cracking up laughing, I look over and he had come across the blog I did (Brazilians are in the house) and really got a kick out of it! It was supposed to be a surprise for them later ;). He liked it so much he emailed it to his girlfriend in Brazil!
So what did we cook? Brats, burgers, steak and watermelon (well, technically we did not cook the watermelon, lol). The kiddos ate on the porch on their picnic table, and us adults in dining room adjacent to the porch (only separated by glass sliding doors).
After eating the children had a blast on the Slip and Slide, and we had a lot of fun watching them as well! It was a lot of fun!
After getting everyone cleaned up and bathed we presented them with a cookie cake that said "Welcome Kepler and Kari". Of course, Jason spelled his name wrong, but got hers right...if he would of asked me how to spell it he would have got his right and hers wrong!
Anyway, the cookie cake was to welcome them and coincidentally celebrated their birthdays, one was coming up and one had just passed! Kari was soooooo sweet...she teared up, because she was happy :).
We had a blast, it was simple and fun and we all really had a good time. I really enjoyed the time they spent with us and can't wait until they come to stay with us again!
God Bless,
The Sooner Seven
(feel free to click on the link and leave a comment)
annie kate
8 years ago



0 Comments:
Post a Comment