Well, I had posted on May 5th that Sariah had went to the emergency room and had an ear infection, and possible infant asthma. They prescribed her an antibiotic but the pharmacy was out of that particular one and called the ER Dr. to change it. I then went to pick it up and they had the wrong dose. So, third time was a charm, or was it?!? I wouldn't give it to her until I talked to Jason, I just had a funny feeling about it being wrong. Well, he said the dosages sounded right, so I gave it to her. She slept all afternoon and evening, and I woke her up to nurse her and check on her. I gave her her antibiotic, and noticed how hot she was. I took her temp and it was almost 104! I tried to nurser her, and she wouldn't nurse. I gave her some tylenol and walked into the living room with her, and this is when she started acting funny. She was breathing funny and pale, and limp. She acted like she was trying to breath but couldn't, she started turning a grayish color and it seemed like I couldn't get her to breath so I called 911.
Well, by the time they got here she was breathing better, but was so lathargic and sick looking. Her stats checked out fine, and then she started to throw up, everywhere! I called the Uptons to come over and watch the children while I followed the ambulance to the hospital. Jason was in Miami on a business trip! While waiting on them Sariah continued to get sick. They told me that there is a flap of skin that closes when you get sick to keep anything from getting into the airway and that babies do not know to swallow or breath from their nose to accomodate. They thought she was trying to get sick, and that flap was shutting, and so that is why she wasn't breathing, because her stats were all good. We went ahead and took her in, she continued to get sick on the way, and her oxygen levels dropped a few times, but they said due to being sick.
When we got to the hospital they took her in, she looked so sad on that gourney all hooked up to equipment. They rushed her to a room checked her stats, the Dr. and Paramedics visited, then asked me some questions, and then everyone left....for like an hour! WHAT? One of the nurses was rude, another nurse came by and asked if someone came by to give her a breating treatment, and I said no, so a really nice nurse came in a few minutes later and gave her a treatment. Then that nurse who was having a bad night came back and could not answer any of my questions and did not even offer to find out or say she would ask, or something.
I realized by the time we got there that I had probably wasted everyone's time, but come on, my 6 month old baby wasn't breathing and I was scared...I did not know she was just sick and trying to throw up when I called. I felt like they should have been a little more compassionate.
Anyway, so her stats are good and we are home by 3:00 am. We go to bed, and the whole next day Sariah is fine, a slight fever, but in good spirits. We get home and I give her the antibiotics, and it all starts all over again! Luckily, this time she did not have as much trouble breathing. Come to find out she was allergic to the anitbiotics they prescribed her!
She is on new medications now, but still acts like she is pain. I am not sure if it is her ears, or her stomach. It is hard to tell on babies. I hope she is well soon, if not I will take her in again on Monday.
I took a few pictures that morning after I took her to the ER for her ears. I also took a picture of her the next day, before she got sick again, of her with the little things on her arms that were hooked to monitors.
God Bless,
The Sooner Seven
(Feel free to click on the link and post comments about our blog)
annie kate
8 years ago



1 Comment:
I hope Sariah is feeling better now. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you!
Post a Comment